GENERAL TIPS FOR ALL JEWELLERY TYPES
- Remove jewellery before entering any aquatic environment, while conducting cleaning tasks or while doing exercise.
- Thoroughly dry your jewellery with a clean, dry and soft cloth once it has been exposed to water.
- Makeup, Perfume and hairspray can damage your jewellery. Make sure that your accessories are the last to be put on.
- Make sure that your jewellery is the first thing to come off before getting undressed.
- Gently wipe your jewellery clean to remove skin oils and makeup.
- To avoid scratching your gold jewellery you should keep it stored in a separate compartment within your jewellery box.
Did you know diamonds are aquaphobic, that is to say, Diamonds hate water, but also love oil and grease. This means that grease and oil will stick to your diamonds, so avoid hand creams, lotions and oily dish washing liquids.
- Delicate fashion pieces should not be worn every day.
- Diamond pieces should be professionally cleaned once a year.
- Regularly check rings to ensure claws or settings are not damaged.
- If there is damage, avoid wearing the item until checked by a jeweller.
White Gold Care
White gold start life as a Yellow Gold pure 24ct, and is alloyed with silver, platinum and or other noble metals to make 18ct 14ct or 9ct to give it a “White ISH” colour and to improve it has a Rhodium Finish.
- White gold jewellery is plated and is susceptible to wear over time.
- Avoid wearing white gold jewellery while performing household tasks and exposure to chemicals.
- White gold should be professionally cleaned, polished and re-finished every 6 months to 12 months to ensure longevity and shine.
- Do not allow crystal jewellery to come into contact with hot water as it may cause the stone to appear cloudy.
- Avoid wearing other jewellery with your crystals as they are soft and may scratch.
- Do not use jewellery cleaning solutions to clean your crystal as it could affect the lustre and loosen its settings.
- Pearls are porous and must be kept separately from other jewellery.
- Ensure your pearls do not touch perfumes or lotions as it may deteriorate the surface of the pearl.
- Gently wipe after each wear to prevent deterioration.
- Regardless of water resistance remove all watches before showering and store in a dry place. The steam in the shower or bathroom can cause irreparable damage.
- Do not wear watches while performing physical activity, unless they are sports watches designed to withstand the motion.
- Store separately so that they are not scratched by other jewellery.
- Wipe with a jewellery cloth after every use to remove damaging makeup and skin oils.
- Never use abrasive chemicals, such as alcohol to clean your watch.
- Watches should not be worn in bed. Especially where there is a magnetic underlay in use.
- All Watches should not be worn near exposed Welding processes or strong electrical fields.